Programmable thermostat: the essential solution to better manage your heating
Heating accounts for 66% of a household's energy consumption (1). Using your heating system properly is important to save on your bill and increase comfort.
What is a programmable thermostat?
The programmable room thermostat regulates the operation of a boiler or heat pump. It integrates two essential functionalities for good heating management: control and programming.
Control: From the room unit, you choose the desired temperature for the rooms in your house. Wall mounted, or portable for wireless versions using Radio technology, the programmable thermostat has an integrated sensor. It measures the room temperature: when the temperature measured is lower than the temperature you have chosen, your heating is switched on. A wireless programmable thermostat gives you the option of positioning it in the most appropriate place for taking the room temperature.
Programming: This supplements the control function by allowing you to refine your temperature choices. You define in advance the operating mode of your heating system according to the time of day or day of the week. It may be changed at any time to take into account an unforeseen absence or presence. Additionally there are a number of additional ‘smart’ options to choose from when constructing a programme.
What is the recommended temperature(1) in a home?
- 19°C in the living rooms
- 17°C in the bedrooms
By lowering the heating by 1°C, you achieve a 7% energy saving(2)! Thus, setting the temperature of rooms occupied during the day at between 19 and 21°C seems a good habit to get into! Due to the programming, your heating will automatically adjust the temperature of these rooms to 17°C at night. You save money without doing anything!
Therefore, to save money on your heating bill, we recommend that you:
✓ Install a programmable thermostat that will automatically lower the temperature of your heating when you are out and at night.
✓ Carry out regular maintenance on your boiler to maintain its efficiency (up to a 12% saving). It is important to do this every year.
The Tybox range of programmable thermostats: an ally to improve the energy efficiency of your heating!
Whether it is a simple/traditional programmable thermostat, or a thermostat that you can control remotely we have the solution:
- Ergonomic: Easy to read due to the large backlit screen
- Accurate: Programmable by the 1/4 hour, the 1/2 hour or by the hour for each day of the week. Intelligent control (P.I.D) which calculates the heating on/off period according to the temperature measured and the setting. The required temperature is obtained quickly, without sudden variations, thus avoiding over-consumption.
- Smart: Annual reminder of boiler or heat pump maintenance
- Secure: Setting ranges and programming can be locked
- Upgradeable: Combine a door/window magnetic contact with the wireless Tybox programmable thermostat: as soon as an equipped window is opened, the heating automatically switches to frost protection until it is closed again. This version is also compatible with the Tydom application. You can create scenarios integrating other home automation equipment to achieve even greater savings. E.g.: in the morning, your heating switches to ECO mode and your roller shutters close automatically.
TYBOX 5000/5100 connected range
This version is also compatible with the Tydom application. You can create scenarios integrating other smart home equipment to achieve even greater savings. E.g.: in the morning, your heating switches to ECO mode and your roller shutters close automatically.
Use our network of recommended installers to install or replace your product with a Tybox programmable thermostat.
Please note that grants can be allocated to finance energy efficiency improvement work (reduced VAT, Zero Interest Rate Eco Loan, etc.).
(1) Practical guide: heating your home better and cheaper - June 2019
(2) Practical guide: 40 tips and tricks to save energy - June 2019